Obviously, you now how to use dish soap, duh. But did you know that you can use it to unclog a blocked toilet? Yes, Honey! Now that’s some news you can use. If you ever find yourself stuck without a plunger (or the will to use one) just do this instead:
1. Get yourself a bottle of dishwashing liquid. We know a great one that’s safe for septic tanks.
2. Pour a generous amount (generally half a cup should do it). The idea here is that the soap is denser than the water and will drop to the bottom of the bowl.
3. Leave it there. Go away and do something else for at least 30 minutes. The dish soap should have penetrated the clog and lubricate the trap way.
4. Put the kettle on! After 30 minutes, pour a bit of boiling hot water down the loo. Be careful not to overfill the bowl.
5. Cross your fingers and flush. It should work the first time, but if you have a Titanic type dealio down there, you may have to repeat steps 1 through 3 again.
6. If it’s still no good, you may have to resort to a plunger, but it will be a lot less trouble after the soap trick. If you don’t have a plunger, this is the time to find a stick or get a wire hanger out of recycling to push the poo through the loo.
Just FYI: a regular squeeze of Dish Soap down the bowl is a great way to make sure this Never. Happens. Again.
Grown-up humans touch an average of 300+ surfaces and then touch their own faces an average of 2500 times a day. Fact.
But Kids? They touch twice as many surfaces and then stick their fingers (or the object of their attention) into their mouths.
It sounds gross, but it’s perfectly normal behavior and can even be healthy as long as there isn’t a choking risk or the bacteria count isn’t off the charts.
Kids (and pets, by the way) navigate our germy world by touch and taste, it makes sense that we should keep our surfaces clean with something that’s safe and gentle and less toxic than dirt!
So, what to do? We aren’t advocates for living in a sterile bubble, but we also can’t stop them from licking everything in sight, either.
We can help with that. Our plant-based Counter Safe All-Purpose Cleaner tackles the everyday grime with ease and you don’t have to worry about harsh chemical residue when they decide to sample your freshly cleaned surfaces. Use it on counters, trays, high chairs, and toys and also in and around the dog’s bowls. It’s especially good on the Diaper Genie.
Keep one in every room in the house. You’ll need it. We got you, Mama.