We're totally on board with the at-home smoothie culture. There are a million ways to mix and blend your way to wellness and that's a good thing. What's not a good thing? Some of the best blenders on the market (we’re looking at you, Vitamix and Blendtec) have plastic blender jars, which get stained and cloudy with mineral deposits from protein powder, etc. We wish they offered them with glass jars, but until they do, here’s how to clean yours:
- Make a paste of Baking Soda and water.
- Spread it inside the blender jar and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Add a little warm water and a small amount of dish soap.
- Cover the blades with an old washcloth or dish towel and use a dish brush to remove the paste.
- Now fill the blender jar almost halfway with ice cubes, warm water and a splash of white vinegar.
- Pulse to clean.
- Rinse until clear!
NOTE: You may have to run it with more or less ice to break it down enough to blend. Keep adding more warm water until it runs clear. The best part is that the ice helps to sharpen the blades while it cleans! You can also chuck half a lemon in there to help break down any staining.
GOOD TO KNOW: You can clean the plastic and stainless-steel parts of the blender with our Leather Cleaner. It will polish them and protect and they’ll shine like new!
Never put your plastic blender jar in the dishwasher.
You should only have to do this about once a month to keep the cloudy mineral build-up at bay.