Effective Date: December 1, 2011
You can reach us online at email@example.com or via postal mail at the following address:
The Privacy Officer
Murchison-Hume Pty Limited
Unit 22/40-42 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria 2015
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How MH Collects Personal Information
- How MH Uses Personal Information
- When and Why MH Discloses Personal Information 5. Cookies and Related Technologies
- Referring Friends to MH
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Facebook Connect
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
1. Types of Personal Information
We Collect Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
2. How MH Collects Personal Information
- Contact Information that allows us and other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of MH.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes such things as lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect, our Twitter and Facebook pages) demographic information (such as birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have purchased our Products as gifts or who’ve bought our Products as gifts for you; and, information about friends who refer you or who you’ve referred to us.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with MH, such as the Products you view and purchase; other information about how you use the Sites, email, other communications and applications; and, how you interact with our business partners and service providers. • Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for Products that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, billing address and card verification number.
3. How MH Uses Personal Information
MH uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Sites;
- Open an online account for you;
- Provide customers with offers for Products and for products and services from participating merchants including but not limited to offers based on things such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics or location;
- Facilitate and process orders for our Products including but not limited to their purchase and shipping;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track our customers’ purchasing habits of our Products and perform other analytics;
- Manage and develop our business and operations;
- Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about MH and our merchants and business partners, such as MH news, special offers and coupons, announcements and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, administrative messages, service bulletins and marketing information;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications and other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests and other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
4. When and Why MH Discloses Personal Information
5. Cookies and Related Technologies.
- We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (such as our subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by MH) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us such as shipping our products, sending emails on our behalf, maintaining our data on their servers and databases and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- Third party merchants, but only to the extent you’ve participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through MH on behalf of that merchant. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information to combat fraud and as part of legal proceedings affecting MH and that merchant.
- Third party services providers whom we may rely on to run or help us to run contests and surveys. In some instances, navigation to their websites may be seamless, so it may appear that you’re still on one of the Sites. So, please take note of who’s running the event in question and what terms, conditions and policies apply.
- MH business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with MH and its business partners and in which you’ve elected to participate. For example, if you’re referred to MH from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a MH business partner, we may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between us and that business partner. This is turn may allow that business partner to contact you directly and/or to advertise to you.
- Effect a merger, acquisition or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or, as needed for support auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action and when required or advised to do so by law or our legal counsel in their representation of us, such as but not limited to, response to a subpoena or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in Australia and other countries. If MH is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any changes in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as of any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We encourage our third party merchants and business partners to adopt and post their own privacy policies, since they are NOT covered by or governed by ours. So, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by their privacy policies and is NOT subject to our control. We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
6. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of products and services you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to MH and you can limit the communications that MH sends to you. You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through our Site, entering the "My Account" section, and selecting "Manage Email Subscriptions." You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in some of the commercial messages that we send you. You may choose to subscribe or unsubscribe to some or all types of messages. You can update your subscription preferences whenever you want. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you purchase Products from us. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by referring to the eighth (8th) and tenth (10th) paragraphs of section 6 above. You can also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between MH and that social media account. If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from MH merchants or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping your Personal Information current and accurate helps ensure that we offer you the types of Products and other products and services we think you want form us, our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep your Personal Information current and accurate. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information and the other information you provided to use in your profile or request that we no longer use your information to provide you Products or other products and services, you can do so by logging into and accessing the "My Account" section of our Site, sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. or by postal mail, phone or fax at the address at the end of the next sentence. If you want to close your account, need help with accessing, updating and deleting your Contact Information, Financial Account Information or other information you provided to us or have other questions or requests, please contact our customer service department at email@example.com, phone: (02) 8394 9908 or by postal mail:
Murchison-Hume Pty Limited
Unit 22/40-42 O'Riordan Street, Alexandria 2015
While we’re ready to assist you in managing your Personal Information or closing your account, we can’t always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we’re required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons. We’ll retain your information for as long as your account is active, to provide you Products and other products and services, to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes and otherwise as we feel is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
8. Security of Personal Information MH has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we and our third-party payment processor each use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet. When our employees need to access your Personal Information in the course of providing our Products to you, we track it internally. When our third-party providers, like our credit card processing provider and shipping provider, need to access your Personal Information in the course of providing our Products, they can only do so with a password we’ve provided them for this purpose. However, despite our security program and procedures, you understand and agree that we CAN’T GUARANTEE that any person will be prevented from obtaining Personal Information or any other information including but not limited to, through unauthorized means.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the U.S.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
12. Facebook Connect