Black Friday is almost here. For the uninitiated, the 4th Thursday in November (the day after American Thanksgiving) is the year's biggest shopping day. For me, Black Friday involves comfy pants, leftovers, and online shopping! If you play your cards right, you can bag some of the year's best bargains. Get it wrong, and you'll bust your Holiday budget.
Like all things, preparation is key. We’ve created this handy guide to help you navigate the sales without getting sidetracked by stuff you don't want or need. Stay focused, make a plan, and stick to our Black Friday Hacks to get the biggest bang for your buck.
- Black Friday Sneak Peek. It's not just a one-day affair! While officially Black Friday kicks off after American Thanksgiving, savvy shoppers know the game starts early. Retailers worldwide are unleashing sales as early as September. Start your research now; the early bird gets the discounted worm.
- Make a Budget. It's not technically a "hack," but it's the linchpin of your Black Friday success. Set a budget, stick to it, and avoid the deal-induced spending spiral. Your wallet will thank you later.
- Make a list (and check it twice)! Craft a meticulous shopping list for everyone on your gift orbit. Say goodbye to last-minute panic purchases at the full retail price. The result? A stress-free, well-planned shopping spree!
- Code Cravings: Look past the giants like Amazon, Target, David Jones and other big stores, and explore hidden gems and boutique brands you don’t normally shop. They often extend discount codes to furst-time shoppers if you create an account.
- Social Savvy Shopping: Stay connected with your favourite brands on social media platforms. Exclusive early or additional discounts are offered to loyal followers on Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok. Subscribe to the brands you covet and follow them to stay in the loop about private Community sales.
- Account Advantage: Black Friday is the most heavily shopped day online. That means websites can crash. Don't let an overcrowded site ruin your Black Friday triumph. Create customer accounts on the sites you like right now to safeguard your cart and protect those precious discounts. Some brands will honour the discount even if you miss their posted sales day if you are a "known" customer!
- Don’t Sleep on Cyber Monday: Black Friday isn't the only game in town. Keep an eye on the following Monday for potentially deeper discounts. Just beware – popular items might vanish, so stay vigilant!
- VIP Subscription Advantage. You should do this for repeat or replenishable items like shampoo, pet treats and your favourite cleaning products! Brands (like ours) offer the deepest discounts to loyal subscribers, and they get priority when inventory is running low. Subscribers get the absolute best pricing of the year without stressing about the sales. It's one less thing to think about, and you know you're getting the best deal, delivered right to your door.
BTW: This is what we’re eyeing for Black Friday:
- Pricey, for sure, but we’re finally pulling the trigger on the Dyson Multi-Styling Tool. We reckon it will pay for itself after 10 uses. Bye-bye, salon blow-dry!
- We’re trimming our florist budget next year, and nothing elevates cut foliage from your own garden like a set of Modern Decorative Vases.
- Our young scholars deserve inspirational illumination, too! We like the old-school charm of this Apothecary Desk Lamp from Pepperwhites.
- Arches are the it shape, and we’re loving the idea of seeing our whole outfit in this chic floor-length mirror from Amazon.
- Not all of us are baking queens, but a pair of gorgeous cake stands from Alfresco will elevate even the most boring store-bought biscuits.